Watching series and movies is an instant pick-me-up. I often make my movie choices based on my current mood: when I am excited about an upcoming holiday I watch all movies set in my destination and when I feel down it is time for re-watching one of the SATC movies (fingers crossed for the 3rd sequel).
Now that spring has finally arrived it is time to start daydreaming about the upcoming summer. Here is a list of my favorite summer-themed movies set in wonderful European holiday destinations! Get on something comfy-chic, pop some corn and get lost in the atmosphere.
1. A Good Year – Forgive my lips. They find joy in the most unusual places.
Set in beautiful Provence. During the movie you might or might not start to crave wine.
2. Under the Tuscan Sun – Signora, please stop being so sad!
Set in Italy’s most remarkable region, Tuscany (with a quick visit to Positano on the Amalfi Coast). Love is a tricky thing, peeps.
3. Letter to Juliet – I think it’s a story worth telling.
Again Italy, Verona this time around (and many more to come). If you like a good old-fashioned love story with a twist you just gonna love this movie.
4. To Rome with Love – If something is too good to be true, you can bet it’s not.
An anthology movie (think of Love Actually) about love, and loss, and fear with Rome in the background.
5. Vicky Cristina Barcelona – Cristina continued searching… certain only of what she didn’t want.
Barcelona, Oviedo and some overwhelming emotions that hidden unsurfaced in all of us, ladies. A movie I could watch on repeat forever.